As part of the initiative to add five-star quality ratings to its Compare Web sites, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will add HCAHPS Star Ratings to the Hospital Compare Web site in April 2015. Star ratings will make it easier for consumers to use the information on the Compare Web sites and spotlight excellence in healthcare quality. Twelve HCAHPS Star Ratings will appear on Hospital Compare: one for each of the 11 publicly reported HCAHPS measures, plus the new HCAHPS Summary Star Rating. HCAHPS Star Ratings will be the first star ratings to appear on Hospital Compare; CMS plans to update the HCAHPS Star Ratings each quarter.
CMS Adding HCAHPS Star Ratings to Hospital Compare Web site
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Top Medicare & Medicaid Officials Call for Aligning Quality Measures Across CMS
- Washington Consumer Groups Take Aim at High Health Industry Prices
- New Provider Payment Tool Increases Health Care Transparency in Colorado
- New HCCI Research: Seasonal Trends in Antibiotic Use were Disrupted by COVID-19
- Study Finds Outpatient Medication Errors Prevalent Among Pediatric Leukemia, Lymphoma Patients