As part of the initiative to add five-star quality ratings to its Compare Web sites, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will add HCAHPS Star Ratings to the Hospital Compare Web site in April 2015. Star ratings will make it easier for consumers to use the information on the Compare Web sites and spotlight excellence in healthcare quality. Twelve HCAHPS Star Ratings will appear on Hospital Compare: one for each of the 11 publicly reported HCAHPS measures, plus the new HCAHPS Summary Star Rating. HCAHPS Star Ratings will be the first star ratings to appear on Hospital Compare; CMS plans to update the HCAHPS Star Ratings each quarter.
CMS Adding HCAHPS Star Ratings to Hospital Compare Web site
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- AHRQ Stats: Nursing Home and Health System Affiliations
- Medicare Cuts Payment to 774 Hospitals Over Patient Complications
- No Hospice Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare Until November 2021
- Report Finds Colorado Hospitals Charge More, Have Higher Costs and Report Higher Profit Margins Than Any Other State
- Non-COVID-19 Related Hospital Admissions Dropped Last Fall, Especially in Midwest