As part of the initiative to add five-star quality ratings to its Compare Web sites, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will add HCAHPS Star Ratings to the Hospital Compare Web site in April 2015. Star ratings will make it easier for consumers to use the information on the Compare Web sites and spotlight excellence in healthcare quality. Twelve HCAHPS Star Ratings will appear on Hospital Compare: one for each of the 11 publicly reported HCAHPS measures, plus the new HCAHPS Summary Star Rating. HCAHPS Star Ratings will be the first star ratings to appear on Hospital Compare; CMS plans to update the HCAHPS Star Ratings each quarter.
CMS Adding HCAHPS Star Ratings to Hospital Compare Web site
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New Study Compares Prices and Price Transparency Among Top-Ranked Hospitals and Close Competitors
- New Study: No Surprises Act Prevented Over Two Million Potential Surprise Bills for Insured Americans
- Leapfrog Group Call to Action: Don’t Let CMS Suppress Data on 25,000 Deaths a Year in Hospitals
- HCCI 2020 Health Care Cost and Utilization Report
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement