As part of the initiative to add five-star quality ratings to its Compare Web sites, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will add HCAHPS Star Ratings to the Hospital Compare Web site in April 2015. Star ratings will make it easier for consumers to use the information on the Compare Web sites and spotlight excellence in healthcare quality. Twelve HCAHPS Star Ratings will appear on Hospital Compare: one for each of the 11 publicly reported HCAHPS measures, plus the new HCAHPS Summary Star Rating. HCAHPS Star Ratings will be the first star ratings to appear on Hospital Compare; CMS plans to update the HCAHPS Star Ratings each quarter.
CMS Adding HCAHPS Star Ratings to Hospital Compare Web site
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Quarterly Home Health Data Refresh on Care Compare
- Hospital Quality Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare Website
- AHRQ Stats: Costliest Hospital Stays
- Report: Only 5% of Hospitals Fully Compliant With Price Transparency Rule
- Report Finds Black Patients Experience Higher Rates of Adverse Safety Events Than White Patients at Same Hospital