Updated performance data on measures of patient safety and health care quality are now available on WhyNotTheBest.org. The data, for measures developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, come from hospitals in 20 states and are based on reports from all payers—Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurers. WhyNotTheBest.org is a unique source for exploring these data across states and regions.
In particular, we have updated and added new measures to the following data sets:
- inpatient quality indicators, which track mortality and utilization rates for various conditions;
- patient safety indicators, which track potentially avoidable complications and adverse events; and
- prevention quality indicators, which measure hospital admissions that might have been avoided with better medical care outside of the hospital.
To get started, explore these featured reports:
- New England States: Prevention Quality Indicators (Region report)
- Miami Hospitals: Inpatient Quality Indicators (Hospital Report)
- Adverse Events and Complications: State-by-State View (Region Report)