The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its first annual update to the Medicare hospital charge data, or information comparing the average amount a hospital bills for services that may be provided in connection with a similar inpatient stay or outpatient visit. CMS is also releasing a suite of other data products and tools aimed to increase transparency about Medicare payments. The data trove on CMS’s website now includes inpatient and outpatient hospital charge data for 2012, and new interactive dashboards for the CMS Chronic Conditions Data Warehouse and geographic variation data.
HHS releases new data and tools to increase transparency on hospital utilization and other trends
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- CMS-1754-F Final Rule for Changes to Home Health Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1748-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1746-F: Final Rule for FY 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program
- Report Finds Declining Volume in Pediatric, Maternal and Newborn Departments in U.S Health Systems, Uptake in Pediatric ICU Visits
- New Release: Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – March 2021)