New and updated performance data comparing health care outcomes, quality and safety, timely access to care, patients’ experiences, and spending in hospitals and regions are now available on WhyNotTheBest.org, The Commonwealth Fund’s free benchmarking tool for health care professionals. For the first time, WhyNotTheBest.org is reporting on:
- the incidence of MRSA and C.diff. infections;
- timely and effective stroke care;
- blood clot prevention and treatment; and
- rates of early elective deliveries.
In addition, the following have been updated with the most recently available data from CMS Hospital Compare:
- process-of-care measures for recommended heart attack care, heart failure care, pneumonia care, and surgery;
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) measures of patients’ experiences;
- measures of timely emergency care;
- vaccination rates;
- the incidence of central line–associated bloodstream infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, and two different types of surgical site infections; and
- spending levels per hospitalized Medicare patient.
To get started, explore these featured reports:
- Early Elective Delivery Rates: Interstate Variation (Regional Report)
- Blood Clot Prevention and Treatment: California Regions (Regional Report)
- Health Care-Associated Infections: Florida Hospitals (Hospital Report)