The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog) announced its list of Top Hospitals at its Annual Meeting today, highlighting the diversity of hospitals represented nationwide. Widely cited as the nation’s most competitive hospital quality award, the Top Hospitals designation recognizes hospitals that deliver the highest quality care by preventing medical errors, reducing mortality for high-risk procedures like heart bypass surgery, and reducing readmissions for patients being treated for conditions like pneumonia and heart attack. For the second consecutive year, rural hospitals stood out, with 22 hospitals making the 2013 Top Hospitals list (a 69-percent increase from last year). Rounding out the list are 55 Urban Hospitals and 13 Children’s Hospitals. A complete list of 2013 Leapfrog Top Hospitals and the survey results for all participating hospitals are posted on www.leapfroggroup.org/TopHospitals.
The Leapfrog Group Names 2013 Top Hospitals
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund Release 2023 Scorecard on State Health System Performance
- U.S. News Announces the 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospitals
- KFF Survey Finds Most Consumers Across Types of Insurance Had Problem with Coverage in Past Year
- Study Finds Transgender People More Likely to be Admitted When Seeking Emergency Care
- FAIR Health Launches Interactive Tool Tracking Cost of Giving Birth State by State