The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog) announced its list of Top Hospitals at its Annual Meeting today, highlighting the diversity of hospitals represented nationwide. Widely cited as the nation’s most competitive hospital quality award, the Top Hospitals designation recognizes hospitals that deliver the highest quality care by preventing medical errors, reducing mortality for high-risk procedures like heart bypass surgery, and reducing readmissions for patients being treated for conditions like pneumonia and heart attack. For the second consecutive year, rural hospitals stood out, with 22 hospitals making the 2013 Top Hospitals list (a 69-percent increase from last year). Rounding out the list are 55 Urban Hospitals and 13 Children’s Hospitals. A complete list of 2013 Leapfrog Top Hospitals and the survey results for all participating hospitals are posted on www.leapfroggroup.org/TopHospitals.
The Leapfrog Group Names 2013 Top Hospitals
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New AHRQ MEPS Statistical Brief Finds Number of Americans Receiving Treatment for Osteoarthritis Decreased Significantly from 2016-2020
- Study Finds Underreporting of Quality Measures Leading to Data Inaccuracies on Nursing Home Care Compare Website
- Study Finds Black Patients had Longer Admissions for Sepsis, Respiratory Failure, Compared with White Patients
- The Leapfrog Group Releases 2023 Maternity Care Report
- New Prescription Drug Pricing transparency report released by Virginia Health Information