Updated performance data comparing access to care, quality, patient experiences, costs, outcomes, and use of health IT in hospitals and regions are now available on WhyNotTheBest.org.
The updated performance data measure:
- process-of-care measures for recommended heart attack care, heart failure care, pneumonia care, and surgery;
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) measures of patient experiences;
- mortality rates;
- incidence of central-line bloodstream infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, and surgical site infections;
- hospitals’ use of electronic medical records;
- delivery of pneumonia vaccinations;
- delivery of timely emergency care; and
- spending per hospitalized Medicare beneficiary.
To get started, explore these featured reports: