The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has released selected Medicare data on hospital outpatient charges, and county-level data on Medicare spending and use of health care services, writes AHA News. The outpatient data includes estimated hospital-specific charges and Medicare payments for 30 Ambulatory Payment Classification groups paid under the Medicare outpatient prospective payment system for calendar year 2011. The county-level data includes aggregated data on the prevalence of chronic conditions among Medicare beneficiaries, and Medicare spending and use for beneficiaries with multiple chronic conditions.
CMS releases Medicare data on outpatient charges, county-level spending
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings