New and updated performance data comparing access to care, health care quality, and outcomes in hospitals and regions are now available on WhyNotTheBest.org.
The new performance data measure:
- median wait times for emergency care;
- pneumonia and influenza immunization rates;
- use of health information technology (whether hospitals receive lab results electronically and track clinical results between patient visits); and
- average spending per hospitalized Medicare beneficiary.
In addition, the following data sets have been updated with the most recently available data from CMS Hospital Compare:
- process-of-care measures for recommended heart attack care, heart failure care, pneumonia care, and surgery;
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) measures of patients’ experiences; and
- incidence of health care–associated infections (CLABSIs).
To get started, explore these featured reports:
- Health System Hospitals vs. Non-Health System Hospitals: Immunization Rates (Group Comparison)
- North Carolina and South Carolina Hospitals: CLABSIs (Hospital Comparison)
- Use of Health Information Technology: Colorado Hospitals (Hospital Comparison)
- Emergency Department Wait Times: California HRRs (Regional Comparison)
- Spending per Beneficiary: Manhattan Hospitals (Hospital Comparison)