Virginia Health Information (VHI) released two reports that will aid purchasers of health care—both consumers and businesses—compare their options and assess the value of their health care dollar. The 2012 Health Care Pricing Report reveals the average prices insurers pay for common medical services, while the 2012 Industry Report highlights which hospitals and nursing facilities rank highest in financial and operational performance. These two reports, utilized in conjunction with VHI data on quality and satisfaction, are lending greater transparency to purchasers’ and patients’ health care decision-making process in Virginia.
Transparency on health care costs enhanced in Virginia with release of two reports
More from VirginiaMore posts in Virginia »
- Virginia Health Information Publishes HMO Cost and Quality Report
- Virginia Health Information Releases 2021 AHRQ QI Report
- Virginia Health Information Publishes 2020 Patient Level Data for Quarter 2: First Release of Hospital Discharge Data that Includes CDC’s COVID-19 Diagnosis Code
- VHI Publishes 2020 Industry Report: Comparing the Performance of Virginia’s Healthcare Providers
- Prescription Drug Price Transparency Bill Moves Closer to Law