Virginia Health Information (VHI) released two reports that will aid purchasers of health care—both consumers and businesses—compare their options and assess the value of their health care dollar. The 2012 Health Care Pricing Report reveals the average prices insurers pay for common medical services, while the 2012 Industry Report highlights which hospitals and nursing facilities rank highest in financial and operational performance. These two reports, utilized in conjunction with VHI data on quality and satisfaction, are lending greater transparency to purchasers’ and patients’ health care decision-making process in Virginia.
Transparency on health care costs enhanced in Virginia with release of two reports
More from VirginiaMore posts in Virginia »
- Hospital Price Transparency Bill Introduced in Virginia General Assembly
- Virginia Health Information Publishes 2021 Industry Report: Comparing the Performance of Virginia’s Healthcare Providers
- Virginia Hospitals: Charity Care Dashboard
- Virginia Health Information’s Potentially Avoidable Emergency Department Visits
- Virginia Health Information Publishes HMO Cost and Quality Report