The Leapfrog Group released the latest update to the Hospital Safety ScoreSM, the A, B, C, D or F scores assigned to U.S. hospitals based on preventable medical errors, injuries, accidents, and infections. For the first time, the Hospital Safety Score now identifies “D” and “F” hospitals that represent the most hazardous environments for patients in need of care. This latest Hospital Safety Score update accounts for the data updated over the last six months, most covering hospital performance in 2011, and uses a modified methodology based on research and public comments.
Leapfrog Group releases update to Hospital Safety Score
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- AHRQ HCUP 2020 Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) and NRD Cost-to-Charge Ratio (NRD CCR) Files Released
- NQF Updates Roadmap Designed to Amplify Patient Voice in Digital Healthcare Quality Measures
- CIVHC: Post-Pandemic Telehealth Visits Remain High With Majority of Visits for Mental Health
- New HCUP Statistical Brief: Hospital Stays Among Children
- Tenth PX Pulse Report: Consumer Perspectives on Patient Experience in the U.S.