The Leapfrog Group released the latest update to the Hospital Safety ScoreSM, the A, B, C, D or F scores assigned to U.S. hospitals based on preventable medical errors, injuries, accidents, and infections. For the first time, the Hospital Safety Score now identifies “D” and “F” hospitals that represent the most hazardous environments for patients in need of care. This latest Hospital Safety Score update accounts for the data updated over the last six months, most covering hospital performance in 2011, and uses a modified methodology based on research and public comments.
Leapfrog Group releases update to Hospital Safety Score
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Leapfrog Issues Call to Action to Preserve Critical Patient Safety Measure
- New Report Finds Racial Equity Essential to Hospital Quality
- MedicareGuide: Best and Worst States for Elderly Healthcare
- Mental Health A Leading Cause Of Maternal Death In Illinois, New Report Finds
- Reduction of 30-day Readmission Among High-Risk ACO Patients Through Community Health Worker Support, Study Finds