The Leapfrog Group released the latest update to the Hospital Safety ScoreSM, the A, B, C, D or F scores assigned to U.S. hospitals based on preventable medical errors, injuries, accidents, and infections. For the first time, the Hospital Safety Score now identifies “D” and “F” hospitals that represent the most hazardous environments for patients in need of care. This latest Hospital Safety Score update accounts for the data updated over the last six months, most covering hospital performance in 2011, and uses a modified methodology based on research and public comments.
Leapfrog Group releases update to Hospital Safety Score
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New Health Care Transparency Requirements: Recommendations for Optimizing Pricing Data to Reduce System Costs
- Non-COVID Emergency Department Visits Decreased During Pandemic, but More Visits Required Admission
- New Data Briefs Measure Hospitalizations and In-Hospital Deaths in Early Months of COVID-19
- Analysis Finds Unvaccinated COVID-19 Hospitalizations Cost Billions of Dollars
- Louisiana Special Report on Health Access Disparities