National disclosure of health care-associated infections has recently been facilitated by the launch of the MyHospitals website by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (http://www.myhospitals. gov.au). An article in the Medical Journal of Australia outlines the pitfalls and potential misrepresentation of generic health care infection surveillance data when used for comparison of dissimilar health care services within a jurisdiction and in the public arena.
Public disclosure of health care-associated infections in Australia: quality improvement or parody?
More from OceaniaMore posts in Oceania »
- New Data Release: MyHospitals: Admitted & Non-admitted patient care 2021–22
- Linking of GP Patient Data into Other Health Data Sets Creates Possibility of Better Tracking of Health Trends
- Analysis of Australia’s Public Hospital System in Release of 2023 Hospital Report Card
- Launch of Interactive Dashboard Enables Comparison of Palliative Care Services in Victoria, Australia
- AIHW New Release – MyHospitals: Healthcare-associated Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections