National disclosure of health care-associated infections has recently been facilitated by the launch of the MyHospitals website by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (http://www.myhospitals. gov.au). An article in the Medical Journal of Australia outlines the pitfalls and potential misrepresentation of generic health care infection surveillance data when used for comparison of dissimilar health care services within a jurisdiction and in the public arena.
Public disclosure of health care-associated infections in Australia: quality improvement or parody?
More from OceaniaMore posts in Oceania »
- Reports Find Changes in Public Attitudes to Public and Private Hospital Use in Australia
- Health Quality & Safety Commission New Zealand Annual Summary of Adverse Events Data From 2019/20
- Results from Victorian Population Health Survey 2018 Released
- Hospital Performance Data Updated on MyHospitals Website
- New AIHW release: Residential Aged Care Quality Indicators – July to September 2020