National disclosure of health care-associated infections has recently been facilitated by the launch of the MyHospitals website by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (http://www.myhospitals. gov.au). An article in the Medical Journal of Australia outlines the pitfalls and potential misrepresentation of generic health care infection surveillance data when used for comparison of dissimilar health care services within a jurisdiction and in the public arena.
Public disclosure of health care-associated infections in Australia: quality improvement or parody?
More from OceaniaMore posts in Oceania »
- New release from AIHW: Non–admitted patient care 2019-20 – Update
- New AIHW Release: Residential Aged Care Quality Indicators — January to March 2021
- Latest Healthcare Quarterly Report on Performance for NSW Public Hospitals and Ambulance Services
- Study: Impact of Pre‐Surgery Hospital Transfer on Time to Surgery & 30‐Day Mortality for People with Hip Fractures Found Transfer to Operating Hospitals Not Associated with Higher 30‐Day Mortality
- AIHW Release: Cancer Data in Australia