The National Quality Forum’s (NQF) endorsement of a Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Surgical Care Survey measure became effective Friday, June 1, 2012. The American College of Surgeons, in partnership with other surgical and anesthesia organizations and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) CAHPS® Consortium, developed the survey to assess surgical patients’ experiences before, during, and after surgical procedures to adequately identify opportunities to improve quality of care, surgical outcomes, public reporting, and patient satisfaction.
National Quality Forum has endorsed Surgical Quality Alliances Patient-Focused Surgical Survey
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule