The National Quality Forum’s (NQF) endorsement of a Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Surgical Care Survey measure became effective Friday, June 1, 2012. The American College of Surgeons, in partnership with other surgical and anesthesia organizations and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) CAHPS® Consortium, developed the survey to assess surgical patients’ experiences before, during, and after surgical procedures to adequately identify opportunities to improve quality of care, surgical outcomes, public reporting, and patient satisfaction.
National Quality Forum has endorsed Surgical Quality Alliances Patient-Focused Surgical Survey
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Newsweek’s World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023
- Patient Satisfaction With Quality of Care at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Study Finds Nursing Homes Underreport Patient Safety Events, Pressure Ulcers
- Study Finds No Decline in Outcomes for Stroke Patients in VA Health System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement