The Leapfrog Group has released Hospital Safety Score Website that provides U.S. hospitals with an A, B, C, D or F Hospital Safety ScoreSM based on patient safety via a first-of-its-kind initiative. A Blue Ribbon Panel of the nation’s top patient safety experts provided guidance to The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits, to develop the Hospital Safety Score. The Hospital Safety Score is calculated using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections. The Hospital Safety Score website – www.hospitalsafetyscore.org – allows visitors to search hospital scores for free, and also provides information on how the public can protect themselves and loved ones during a hospital stay.
Leapfrog releases Hospital Safety Score Web site
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Report Finds U.S. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending Increases By 10% To $491 Billion
- CMS Removes Hospital Price Transparency Requirement From 2022 Inpatient Payment Rule
- Quality Reporting Resources for ASCs
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses