The Leapfrog Group has released Hospital Safety Score Website that provides U.S. hospitals with an A, B, C, D or F Hospital Safety ScoreSM based on patient safety via a first-of-its-kind initiative. A Blue Ribbon Panel of the nation’s top patient safety experts provided guidance to The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits, to develop the Hospital Safety Score. The Hospital Safety Score is calculated using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections. The Hospital Safety Score website – www.hospitalsafetyscore.org – allows visitors to search hospital scores for free, and also provides information on how the public can protect themselves and loved ones during a hospital stay.
Leapfrog releases Hospital Safety Score Web site
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Press Ganey Report Finds Hospital Safety Declined Significantly After Year of Pandemic
- CMS Proposed Rule To Include New SNF Measures, Modification to Public Reporting for SNF QRP Quality Measures
- CMS Proposed Rule Includes Changes to Public Reporting of Home Health Quality Measures, Hospice Patient Experience Measures
- Making the Case for Adjusting Quality Measures for Social Risk Factors
- Virginia Health Information Releases 2021 AHRQ QI Report