The latest data update to the Illinois Hospital Report Card and consumer guide to health care Web site (healthcarereportcard.illinois.gov), which included updates to quality, infection, nurse staffing and infection data, was published today. Hospital quality measures reported are for time-period April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.
Also included in this data update were:
- New health care-associated infection data on central line-associated blood stream infections for calendar year 2011, from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. The 2011 statewide aggregate report of CLABSI data now includes data from adult and pediatric specialty ICUs, for example cardiothoracic surgical units, burn units, and trauma units.
- Three year trend report for central line-associated infections reported through the CDC National Healthcare Safety Network..
- Special statewide report on the quality of breast biopsy procedures in Illinois and existing disparities entitled “Disparities in Utilization of Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsy – Illinois 2008 – 2010”.
- “Baby Friendly Hospital” designation to hospitals participating in the Baby Friendly initiative.
- New “Maternal Child” tab to display associated quality measures.
- Adult conditions and procedures for hospitals updated to include data from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011.
- Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ) “Inpatient Quality”, “Patient Safety”, and Pediatric Quality” measures updated to report data from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. Performed risk adjustment procedures on AHRQ Mortality, Patient Safety and Pediatric Quality measures.
- Composite “Process of Care Measures” from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Hospital Compare performance measure data updated from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.
- Process of Care measures data updated. This data is also used to calculate the composite data and provided state/national average.
- “Satisfaction Survey Responses” data updated to report the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Hospital Compare satisfaction measure data from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.
- Surgical Care Improvement measure data updated from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011.
- Nurse staffing data updated for the intensive care units, medical -surgical units, and maternal – child care units for hospitals to report data from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. Also updated data on hospital employed and contract nurse staffing for each of the three unit types.
- Data on the total volume of hospital emergency department visits updated, including the volume of patient visits admitted to hospital as well as those treated as outpatients only from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. Also updated hospital emergency department bypass hours and the percentage of emergency department visits where patients left before being seen or against medical advice for October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011.
- Ambulatory surgical treatment centers outpatient conditions and charges on the Services page updated from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011.
- •Breast feeding measures data updated for reporting period February 1, 2011 through January 31, 2012.