Interesting article in iHealthBeat on the electronic quality reporting. The article cites one of the biggest barriers to meeting the Stage 1 meaningful use criteria for government electronic health record incentives has been the collection of data for clinical quality measures (CQMs). And electronic quality reporting and the software rewriting it requires may be even more difficult in Stage 2.
Collection of quality data posing major challenge to meeting Stage 1 Meaningful Use criteria
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Report Finds U.S. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending Increases By 10% To $491 Billion
- CMS Removes Hospital Price Transparency Requirement From 2022 Inpatient Payment Rule
- Quality Reporting Resources for ASCs
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses