As reported in Healthcare IT News, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) plans to develop verification data and services to support coverage and eligibility infrastructure for health insurance exchanges and seeks industry information about applications that are available.A solution that verifies eligibility for qualifying coverage in an employer-sponsored plan is part of the process for determining whether an individual qualifies for advance payment of the premium tax credit that is available to support the purchase of health plans through the exchanges. CMS wants to identify authoritative data sources that can be used or adapted to meet the verification requirement and also how to develop new data sources that could fulfill that condition.
CMS to develop eligibility tools for insurance exchanges
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington