As reported in Healthcare IT News, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) plans to develop verification data and services to support coverage and eligibility infrastructure for health insurance exchanges and seeks industry information about applications that are available.A solution that verifies eligibility for qualifying coverage in an employer-sponsored plan is part of the process for determining whether an individual qualifies for advance payment of the premium tax credit that is available to support the purchase of health plans through the exchanges. CMS wants to identify authoritative data sources that can be used or adapted to meet the verification requirement and also how to develop new data sources that could fulfill that condition.
CMS to develop eligibility tools for insurance exchanges
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Newsweek’s World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023
- Patient Satisfaction With Quality of Care at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Study Finds Nursing Homes Underreport Patient Safety Events, Pressure Ulcers
- Study Finds No Decline in Outcomes for Stroke Patients in VA Health System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement