The National Quality Forum (NQF) Board of Directors has approved for endorsement four additional measures on healthcare resource use and costs. The measures – focusing on care costs associated with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hip/knee replacement, and pneumonia – will provide vital data on how resources are used in these areas of care. Such data will help create a more efficient, less wasteful healthcare system. Resource use measures as defined by NQF are comparable measures of actual dollars or standardized units of resources applied to the care given to a specific population or event, such as a specific diagnosis or procedure. NQF previously endorsed a first set of resource use measures in January 2012. Read more….
NQF Endorses Additional Resource Use Measures
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns