FierceHealthcare writes that an analysis of a U.S. hospital database found that in-hospital mortality is four times higher in patients with a hospital-acquired infection (HAI) than in those without, and the length of stay in the ICU doubled for infected patients, up from a mean of 8.1 days to 15.8 days. Read more: Hospital-acquired infections quadruple ICU deaths – FierceHealthcare
Hospital mortality four times higher in patients with a hospital-acquired infection
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems