Health 2.0 and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) today launched the Reporting Patient Safety Events Challenge, designed to spur development of platform-agnostic health information technology (HIT) tools to facilitate the reporting of medical errors in hospital and outpatient settings. The deadline to submit applications is August 31, 2012. The Reporting Patient Safety Events Challenge is part of the ONC Investing in Innovation (i2) Initiative, which holds competitions featuring cash and other prizes to accelerate development and adoption of technology solutions that enhance quality and outcomes. The program is run through the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge.
Health 2.0 and ONC Announce Reporting Patient Safety Events Challenge
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm