AHA News writes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services updated the Hospital Compare website to include hospital-provided data on central line-associated bloodstream infections. Under the inpatient prospective payment system, hospitals must report CLABSI rates for adult, pediatric and neonatal intensive care unit patients to receive a full payment update in fiscal year 2013. Hospitals participating in the hospital quality reporting program that have intensive care units began submitting the data last January to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network. Hospitals that do not have ICU beds currently are not required to enroll in the NHSN.
Hospital CLABSI data added to Hospital Compare
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Newsweek’s World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023
- Patient Satisfaction With Quality of Care at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Study Finds Nursing Homes Underreport Patient Safety Events, Pressure Ulcers
- Study Finds No Decline in Outcomes for Stroke Patients in VA Health System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement