AHA News writes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services updated the Hospital Compare website to include hospital-provided data on central line-associated bloodstream infections. Under the inpatient prospective payment system, hospitals must report CLABSI rates for adult, pediatric and neonatal intensive care unit patients to receive a full payment update in fiscal year 2013. Hospitals participating in the hospital quality reporting program that have intensive care units began submitting the data last January to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network. Hospitals that do not have ICU beds currently are not required to enroll in the NHSN.
Hospital CLABSI data added to Hospital Compare
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule