On February 23rd, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released a proposed rule for the second stage of meaningful use objectives for health care providers in the process of adopting electronic health records. Like the Stage 1 objectives, Stage 2 has a “core set” or mandatory objectives and “menu set” of optional objectives; eligible professionals would choose from three of five possible menu set objectives and hospitals would choose from two of four possible menu set objectives. Stage 2 of the electronic health records meaningful use program does not mandate use of encryption, but it does emphasize increased consideration of encryption of data at rest in ambulatory and inpatient EHR systems (Health Data Management).
CMS release proposed rule for second stage of meaningful use objectives
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- OPA Release 2021-2022 Edition Health Care Quality Report Cards for Medical Group Commercial and Medical Group – Medicare
- NASHP Hospital Cost Tool Gives Insight on Spend on Patient Care Services
- Consumer Health Ratings to Close After 16 Years
- Study Finds CMS Hospital Ratings Highly Sensitive to Methodological Choices in Calculation
- CMS Proposed Rule to Suppress Public Reporting of Key Measures of Preventable Hospital-Caused Harm