On February 23rd, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released a proposed rule for the second stage of meaningful use objectives for health care providers in the process of adopting electronic health records. Like the Stage 1 objectives, Stage 2 has a “core set” or mandatory objectives and “menu set” of optional objectives; eligible professionals would choose from three of five possible menu set objectives and hospitals would choose from two of four possible menu set objectives. Stage 2 of the electronic health records meaningful use program does not mandate use of encryption, but it does emphasize increased consideration of encryption of data at rest in ambulatory and inpatient EHR systems (Health Data Management).
CMS release proposed rule for second stage of meaningful use objectives
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Hospital Safety Rankings: Brand Names Do Not Always Mean Good Quality
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2021
- CMS to Find Ways to Protect Consumers from Ground Ambulance Services Surprise Medical Billing
- AHRQ Stats: Impact of the Onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Older Adult Hospitalizations
- How Unnecessary Follow-Up Care Can Lead to Financial Harm