On February 23rd, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released a proposed rule for the second stage of meaningful use objectives for health care providers in the process of adopting electronic health records. Like the Stage 1 objectives, Stage 2 has a “core set” or mandatory objectives and “menu set” of optional objectives; eligible professionals would choose from three of five possible menu set objectives and hospitals would choose from two of four possible menu set objectives. Stage 2 of the electronic health records meaningful use program does not mandate use of encryption, but it does emphasize increased consideration of encryption of data at rest in ambulatory and inpatient EHR systems (Health Data Management).
CMS release proposed rule for second stage of meaningful use objectives
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- CMS-1754-F Final Rule for Changes to Home Health Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1748-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1746-F: Final Rule for FY 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program
- Report Finds Declining Volume in Pediatric, Maternal and Newborn Departments in U.S Health Systems, Uptake in Pediatric ICU Visits
- New Release: Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – March 2021)