On February 23rd, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released a proposed rule for the second stage of meaningful use objectives for health care providers in the process of adopting electronic health records. Like the Stage 1 objectives, Stage 2 has a “core set” or mandatory objectives and “menu set” of optional objectives; eligible professionals would choose from three of five possible menu set objectives and hospitals would choose from two of four possible menu set objectives. Stage 2 of the electronic health records meaningful use program does not mandate use of encryption, but it does emphasize increased consideration of encryption of data at rest in ambulatory and inpatient EHR systems (Health Data Management).
CMS release proposed rule for second stage of meaningful use objectives
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New AHRQ MEPS Statistical Brief Finds Number of Americans Receiving Treatment for Osteoarthritis Decreased Significantly from 2016-2020
- Study Finds Underreporting of Quality Measures Leading to Data Inaccuracies on Nursing Home Care Compare Website
- Study Finds Black Patients had Longer Admissions for Sepsis, Respiratory Failure, Compared with White Patients
- The Leapfrog Group Releases 2023 Maternity Care Report
- New Prescription Drug Pricing transparency report released by Virginia Health Information