Hospitals participating in Medicare’s inpatient quality reporting program have until March 1 to preview their performance on the new Medicare spending per beneficiary measure and correct any errors before the data is added to the Hospital Compare website in April. The measure, which CMS expects to include in the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing program, assesses Part A and B payments for services provided to a Medicare beneficiary for a period spanning from three days before an inpatient admission to 30 days after discharge.
CMS launches preview period for new Medicare efficiency measure's data
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings