The latest data update to the New York State Hospitals Profile Web site (hospitals.nyhealth.gov), which included updates to quality and inspection data, has been published.
Included in this data update were:
- Updated hospital surveillance and complaints data to report citations and complaints from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2010.
- Updated enforcement actions data.
- Updated hospital and extension clinic data on names, addresses, available services, and certified beds.
- Updated the lists of state designations, including AIDS, Perinatal, Stroke, SAFE, and Trauma centers.
- Updated hospital quality data to report CMS Hospital Compare performance measure data from January 2010 through December 2010.
Because of a major redesign of the New York State Department of Health SPARCS database, procedure volume data and length of patient stay data (used to calculate complaints per 10,000 patient days) have not been updated. Target date for resuming publication of SPARCS data is March 2012.