The Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council released a new report which examines the impact of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) on patient outcomes and health care resources. The report (The Impact of Healthcare-associated Infections in Pennsylvania, 2009) includes statewide data from 2009 and looks at mortality, length of stay, hospital charges, Medicare payments and readmissions among patients with HAIs. The report is available at www.phc4.org.
PHC4 release report on impact of Healthcare-acquired Infections in Pennsylvania
More from PennsylvaniaMore posts in Pennsylvania »
- PHC4 Annual Report on Hospital Performance Shows Improvement in Readmission Rates but Increasing Mortality Rates
- PHC4 Annual Report on Hospital Performance Released
- Pennsylvania Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey Reveals Residents’ Concern About Affording High Drug Costs
- Price Comparison for Hospitals in Philadelphia Still Proving Difficult Even Though Hospitals Now Disclose Prices For Care
- Survey Finds PA Residents Struggling with Health Care Costs