The Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council released a new report which examines the impact of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) on patient outcomes and health care resources. The report (The Impact of Healthcare-associated Infections in Pennsylvania, 2009) includes statewide data from 2009 and looks at mortality, length of stay, hospital charges, Medicare payments and readmissions among patients with HAIs. The report is available at www.phc4.org.
PHC4 release report on impact of Healthcare-acquired Infections in Pennsylvania
More from PennsylvaniaMore posts in Pennsylvania »
- Price Comparison for Hospitals in Philadelphia Still Proving Difficult Even Though Hospitals Now Disclose Prices For Care
- Survey Finds PA Residents Struggling with Health Care Costs
- PHC4 Releases Annual Report on PA Hospital Performance
- PHC4 Releases Research Brief on Potentially Preventable Hospitalizations
- Children Requiring Thyroid Surgery Experience Better Outcomes at High-volume Surgery Centers