The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment released updated health facility-acquired infections report, reporting infection rates from August 1, 2009 through July 31, 2010. Legislature passed a law in 2006 requiring hospitals and other medical centers to report their HAI’s for a variety of procedures. Data is compared to the national rate, and medical facilities receive a one-word term to describe how they measure up: better, same or worse.
Colorado DPHE releases report on HAIs in Colorado healthcare facilities
Full report is available at https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe.
More from ColoradoMore posts in Colorado »
- Colorado Legislation on Health Care Billing, Price Transparency Move Forward
- CIVHC Data Dive: Pediatric Care in Colorado
- State of Reform: Colorado Bills Propose Reforms to Health Care Billing and Payment
- Drug Rebates for High Cost Prescription Drugs Continue to Rise in Colorado
- Coloradans Received Over One Million Low Value Care Services in 2020