Hospital specific surgical infection rates in Washington state have been published for first time online by WA Hospital Association. The rates are available at www.wahospitalquality.org/. Two state laws, one passed in 2007 and in 2010, require the data to be collected and made public. The infection rate information applies to these surgical procedures: heart bypasses and transplants, knee and hip replacements, heart valve and septum surgeries, and vaginal and abdominal hysterectomies. The public can look up hospitals by county or hospital name, for instance, and compare infection rates to national and state averages.
WA state releases surgical infection data online
More from WashingtonMore posts in Washington »
- First Ever Report on Total Cost of Care Across Washington State Released
- Washington Health Alliance to release first-ever report on health care cost and equity
- WHA Releases 2023 Community Checkup Report, Highlighting WA Health Care Performance
- Washington Consumer Groups Take Aim at High Health Industry Prices
- Healthcare Experts Call for Greater Transparency in Cost, Quality in Healthcare Industry