“America’s Health Rankings,” a yearly survey that takes a broad look at states’ health, is now in its 21st year and produced by the American Public Health Association, the United Health Foundation and Partnership for Prevention. Available online at www.americashealthrankings.org, the survey that takes into account broad measures of health, including smoking, crime, air pollution and spending on public health. First place in this year’s survey was Vermont, (up from 17th in 1998), Massachusetts was second, and New Hampshire, third. Data for the survey comes from a number of sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The survey uses a methodology developed by a committee of public-health scholars convened by the University of North Carolina School of Public Health.
America's Health Rankings tracks state of nation's health
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Hospital Safety Rankings: Brand Names Do Not Always Mean Good Quality
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2021
- CMS to Find Ways to Protect Consumers from Ground Ambulance Services Surprise Medical Billing
- AHRQ Stats: Impact of the Onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Older Adult Hospitalizations
- How Unnecessary Follow-Up Care Can Lead to Financial Harm