The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services plan to launch its Physician Compare Web site – a site to assist consumers compare physicians – by January 1, 2011. Initially, CMS will post information about physicians enrolled in the Medicare program and those participating in the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), through which CMS pays incentives for providers who meet various quality marks. CMS will add, in January 2013, physician performance information based on 2012 quality reporting it receives.
CMS to launch Physician Compare Web site in January 2011
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington