The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services plan to launch its Physician Compare Web site – a site to assist consumers compare physicians – by January 1, 2011. Initially, CMS will post information about physicians enrolled in the Medicare program and those participating in the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), through which CMS pays incentives for providers who meet various quality marks. CMS will add, in January 2013, physician performance information based on 2012 quality reporting it receives.
CMS to launch Physician Compare Web site in January 2011
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings