The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services plan to launch its Physician Compare Web site – a site to assist consumers compare physicians – by January 1, 2011. Initially, CMS will post information about physicians enrolled in the Medicare program and those participating in the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), through which CMS pays incentives for providers who meet various quality marks. CMS will add, in January 2013, physician performance information based on 2012 quality reporting it receives.
CMS to launch Physician Compare Web site in January 2011
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule