Financial Times reports it is expected to be announced today that hospitals in the UK will no longer be paid in full when patients are readmitted within 30 days of discharge. Emergency readmissions in England have been rising for years – up from just over 350,000 in 1998 to almost 550,000 in 2007/08, or from about 7 per cent of admitted patients to around 10 per cent.
UK: Hospitals to face penalties for readmissions
More from EuropeMore posts in Europe »
- Department of Health Releases Report – Health in Ireland: Key Trends 2021
- Release of First Irish Paediatric Critical Care Audit Report, 2017-2019
- HIQA Calls for Urgent Reform of Health Information System in Ireland
- Increase in People in the UK Self-Funding Routine Operations as NHS Waiting Lists Reach Record Levels
- CQC Releases Annual Assessment of Health Care and Social Care in England