Financial Times reports it is expected to be announced today that hospitals in the UK will no longer be paid in full when patients are readmitted within 30 days of discharge. Emergency readmissions in England have been rising for years – up from just over 350,000 in 1998 to almost 550,000 in 2007/08, or from about 7 per cent of admitted patients to around 10 per cent.
UK: Hospitals to face penalties for readmissions
More from EuropeMore posts in Europe »
- Report on Quality of Care Provided to Patients Admitted to Hospital Following Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in UK
- New National Surveys of Care Experience Being Developed in Ireland
- NHS to Test Routine Collection of Private Hospital Data
- Hospital Healthcare Europe 2020
- Sixth Report of the National Healthcare Quality Reporting System in Ireland Released