Niagara Health Quality Coalition has released its 2010 New York Hospital Report Card (www.myHealthFinder.com). This eighth annual report offers updated measures that evaluate care at every hospital in the state. Measures include mortality rates, error rates, surgical infection rates, appropriate utilization rates, pain management and overall patient satisfaction with clinical care. This year, NHQC has added new measures including 1) potentially preventable readmission rates, 2) patient/doctor communication effectiveness 3) patient/nurse communication effectiveness and 4) room cleanliness.
NHQC releases 2010 New York Hospital Report Card
More from New YorkMore posts in New York »
- Report Finds Wide Variation in Prices for Childbirth Across and Within NYC Boroughs
- Study Finds Social Determinants Matter For Hospital Readmission Policy
- ClearHealthCosts Finds NY Health Insurers Requested Average 12% Rate Increases on Individual Plans for 2021
- Homeless Patients More Likely to be Readmitted to Hospital Within 30 days
- New bill Would Require NYC Dept of Health Maintain a Pediatric Emergency Rooms List