The Pacific Business Group on Health, CalPERS and the California Health Care Coalition are working on an initiative (Hospital Value Initiative) towards transparency of hospital prices, reports California Healthline. The Hospital Value Initiative aims to aggregate, analyze and distribute comparative data on reimbursements and resources hospitals use to provide inpatient and outpatient care. In April, the Department of Justice ruled that the project would not inhibit hospital competition. However, the California Hospital Association argues the initiative focuses too much on price and not enough on quality.
Hospital Value Initiative project in California working towards hospiital price transparency
More from CaliforniaMore posts in California »
- New CHCF Survey Show CA Residents Struggling with Medical Bills
- CHCF Release Quality Measures Focusing on Maternal & Children’s Health
- Report on California Health Insurance in 2021
- FAIR Health Launches Actionable Tools with Healthcare Cost Information for Older Adults and Family Caregivers
- Cal Hospital Compare Announces Honor Roll Hospitals