The Pacific Business Group on Health, CalPERS and the California Health Care Coalition are working on an initiative (Hospital Value Initiative) towards transparency of hospital prices, reports California Healthline. The Hospital Value Initiative aims to aggregate, analyze and distribute comparative data on reimbursements and resources hospitals use to provide inpatient and outpatient care. In April, the Department of Justice ruled that the project would not inhibit hospital competition. However, the California Hospital Association argues the initiative focuses too much on price and not enough on quality.
Hospital Value Initiative project in California working towards hospiital price transparency
More from CaliforniaMore posts in California »
- New CA Legislation to Help Consumers Track Medical Costs Through Health Plan Updates
- No Surprise Corona Virus Testing Fees Under New Legislation in California
- Study Finds Surprise-Billing Laws May Have Impact on In-Network Contract Negotiations Between Payers and Providers
- CHCF Report Examines Access to Care in Medi-Cal Compared to Other Types of Health Insurance (2018)
- Study Finds After States Enacted Surprise-Billing Laws, Some Outpatient Service Prices Decreased