The Pacific Business Group on Health, CalPERS and the California Health Care Coalition are working on an initiative (Hospital Value Initiative) towards transparency of hospital prices, reports California Healthline. The Hospital Value Initiative aims to aggregate, analyze and distribute comparative data on reimbursements and resources hospitals use to provide inpatient and outpatient care. In April, the Department of Justice ruled that the project would not inhibit hospital competition. However, the California Hospital Association argues the initiative focuses too much on price and not enough on quality.
Hospital Value Initiative project in California working towards hospiital price transparency
More from CaliforniaMore posts in California »
- Increased Transparency of Health Care Costs, Quality in California
- CHCF 2020 Edition — Quality of Care: Providers
- Cal Hospital Compare Announces 2019 Maternity and Patient Safety, Opioid Care Honor Rolls
- CHCF Release Report on Maternity Care in California
- Seventh Quarterly Release of Hospital Quality Transparency Dashboard