A state report, released by the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, found more than one in every three people hospitalized in California results in readmission within a year. Findings from the report, based on 2005-2006 state data, indicate that readmissions added $31 billion to the charges billed to Medicare, amounting to half of what the federal insurance program pays for all hospital admissions in California.
Hospital readmissions in California costly, study finds
More from CaliforniaMore posts in California »
- Increased Transparency of Health Care Costs, Quality in California
- CHCF 2020 Edition — Quality of Care: Providers
- Cal Hospital Compare Announces 2019 Maternity and Patient Safety, Opioid Care Honor Rolls
- CHCF Release Report on Maternity Care in California
- Seventh Quarterly Release of Hospital Quality Transparency Dashboard