A state report, released by the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, found more than one in every three people hospitalized in California results in readmission within a year. Findings from the report, based on 2005-2006 state data, indicate that readmissions added $31 billion to the charges billed to Medicare, amounting to half of what the federal insurance program pays for all hospital admissions in California.
Hospital readmissions in California costly, study finds
More from CaliforniaMore posts in California »
- IHA California Regional Healthcare Cost & Quality Atlas Update Finds Better Quality, Lower Costs When Providers and Health Plans Share Financial Risk
- Study Links Higher Primary Care Spending to Better Care Quality in California
- California to Limit Health Care Costs with Proposed New Office of Health Care Affordability
- California’s Physician Practice Landscape
- Release of 2022 CHCF California Health Policy Survey