Healthcare Data Management writes : The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is proposing to collect from hospitals two measures of healthcare-acquired infections, beginning with Jan. 1, 2011 discharges, which would influence Medicare payment determinations starting in fiscal year 2013. The measures would cover central line associated blood stream infections and surgical site infections, according to a proposed rule for inpatient prospective payment systems for acute care hospitals and the long-term care hospital prospective payment system for fiscal year 2011. CMS published the proposed rule on May 4 in the Federal Register.
CMS to introduce two healthcare-acquired infection measures from 2011 discharges
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Quarterly Home Health Data Refresh on Care Compare
- Hospital Quality Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare Website
- AHRQ Stats: Costliest Hospital Stays
- Report: Only 5% of Hospitals Fully Compliant With Price Transparency Rule
- Report Finds Black Patients Experience Higher Rates of Adverse Safety Events Than White Patients at Same Hospital