The latest data update to the Illinois Hospital Report Card and consumer guide to health care Web site (healthcarereportcard.illinois.gov), which included updates to quality, infection, nurse staffing and infection data, was published today. Hospital quality measures reported are for time-period July 1, 2008, to June 30, 2009,
Also included in this data update were:
* AHRQ Inpatient Quality and Patient Safety Indicators measures – reporting data from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
* Health Care-associated Infection data on central-line associated blood stream infections (CLABSI) to include data from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009.
* Nurse staffing data for the intensive care units, medical -surgical units, and maternal-child care units for hospitals – reporting from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
* Nurse staffing turnover rates, reporting data from January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008.
* Nurse staffing vacancies, reporting a snapshot of vacancies on January 1, 2009.
* Volume of hospital emergency department visits and emergency department bypass hours – reporting data for Jan 1 2009 through June 30, 2009.
* Reported data from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009, for number of patients, median length of stay and median charge for conditions and procedures.
* Added outpatient conditions and charges for hospitals – reporting data from July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009.
* Updated procedures and charges for ambulatory surgical treatment centers on the Services page.
* Updated state hospital designations. Included the Emergency Medical System for Children designation.