The Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) data has been updated onto the abouthealthsatisfaction Web site today. The date range for the survey responses are from July 1, 2008, to June 30, 2009. This Web site utilizes HCAHPS survey results, helping consumers to make fair and objective comparisons between hospitals, based on patients’ feedback.
The HCAHPS survey consists of 10 measures:
- How often did nurses communicate well with patients?
- How often did doctors communicate well with patients?
- How often did patients receive help quickly from hospital staff?
- How often was patients’ pain well controlled?
- How often did staff explain about medicines before giving them to patients?
- How often were patients’ rooms and bathrooms kept clean?
- How often was the area around patients’ rooms quiet at night?
- Were patients given information about what to do during their recovery at home?
- How do patients rate the hospital?
- Would patients recommend the hospital to friends and family?