Beginning in June 2010, Hospital Compare will start reporting certain outpatient quality measures, according to the 2010 outpatient prospective payment system final rule. The Hospital Outpatient Quality Data Reporting Program – which has been in operation for 2 years – in which hospitals voluntarily submit data on 11 measures of outpatient treatment. Hospitals will continue to report on those 11 measures, and the CMS is implementing a validation requirement to ensure that the chart-abstracted data are being reported accurately.
Hospital Compare to report certain outpatient quality measures in 2010
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- HCCI 2020 Health Care Cost and Utilization Report
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement
- AHRQ Release new HCUP Fast Stats
- Latest Hospice Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare
- Parents of Hospitalized Children May Not Feel Equipped to Report Mistakes, According To Latest Leapfrog Group Patient Experience Report