The National Quality Forum has endorsed 18 medication management measures for over-the-counter and prescription drugs, writes Modern Healthcare. The measures focus on management of conditions for which patients often do not adhere to medication instructions, such as asthma, coronary artery disease and schizophrenia, the quality organization said in a news release. The measures assess prescribing, drug appropriateness, medication reconciliation, adherence and monitoring.
NQF endorses 18 medication-management measures
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings