The National Quality Forum has endorsed 18 medication management measures for over-the-counter and prescription drugs, writes Modern Healthcare. The measures focus on management of conditions for which patients often do not adhere to medication instructions, such as asthma, coronary artery disease and schizophrenia, the quality organization said in a news release. The measures assess prescribing, drug appropriateness, medication reconciliation, adherence and monitoring.
NQF endorses 18 medication-management measures
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020