The National Quality Forum has endorsed 18 medication management measures for over-the-counter and prescription drugs, writes Modern Healthcare. The measures focus on management of conditions for which patients often do not adhere to medication instructions, such as asthma, coronary artery disease and schizophrenia, the quality organization said in a news release. The measures assess prescribing, drug appropriateness, medication reconciliation, adherence and monitoring.
NQF endorses 18 medication-management measures
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington