The latest data update to the New York State Hospitals Profile Web site (hospitals.nyhealth.gov), which included updates to quality and inspection data, was published today.
Hospital quality measures reported are for time-period Oct 1, 2007, to Sept 30, 2008 except for following measures:
- Percent of all heart surgery patients whose blood sugar (blood glucose) is kept under good control in the days right after surgery – data reported for discharges January 2008 through September 2008.
- Percent of surgery patients needing hair removed from the surgical area before surgery, who had hair removed using a safer method (electric clippers or hair removal cream – not a razor) – data reported for discharges January 2008 through September 2008.
- Percent of Pneumonia Patients Assessed and Given Influenza Vaccination – data reported for discharges October 2007 through March 2008
Also included in this data update were:
- Hospital surveillance data updated to report citations and complaints from January 1, 2005 through September 30, 2008.
- Number of procedures performed from January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008.
- Hospital and extension clinic and available services information.
- Hospital details, medical school affiliations and system affiliations.