Kaiser Network: The Massachusetts Special Commission on the Health Care Payment System this month is expected to recommend that the state change the method by which physicians and hospitals are reimbursed for services. Commission members — who include members of the state Legislature and representatives from hospitals, physicians and insurers — will recommend that providers be paid a single, annual fee for each patient that covers all care for the year. The hope is that such a system will discourage doctors from performing procedures that have a questionable benefit and improve coordinated care and quality.
Massachusetts Commission To Recommended New Reimbursement Model
More from MassachusettsMore posts in Massachusetts »
- Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – June 2021)
- CHIA Releases Latest Quality of Care in Commonwealth Interactive Dashboard
- New Release: Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – March 2021)
- CHIA Releases Quarterly Hospital & Health System Financial Performance Report
- Financial and Human Cost of Medical Errors – New Report