Kaiser Network: The Massachusetts Special Commission on the Health Care Payment System this month is expected to recommend that the state change the method by which physicians and hospitals are reimbursed for services. Commission members — who include members of the state Legislature and representatives from hospitals, physicians and insurers — will recommend that providers be paid a single, annual fee for each patient that covers all care for the year. The hope is that such a system will discourage doctors from performing procedures that have a questionable benefit and improve coordinated care and quality.
Massachusetts Commission To Recommended New Reimbursement Model
More from MassachusettsMore posts in Massachusetts »
- New State and Federal Laws Working to Address Out-of-Network Billing in Massachusetts.
- CHIA Releases New Monthly Hospital & Health System Financial Performance Report
- Homeless Patients More Likely to be Readmitted to Hospital Within 30 days
- CHIA Releases A Focus on Provider Quality: Selected Clinical Measures, 2018
- CHIA New Release: Massachusetts Health Insurance Survey