Kaiser Network: The Massachusetts Special Commission on the Health Care Payment System this month is expected to recommend that the state change the method by which physicians and hospitals are reimbursed for services. Commission members — who include members of the state Legislature and representatives from hospitals, physicians and insurers — will recommend that providers be paid a single, annual fee for each patient that covers all care for the year. The hope is that such a system will discourage doctors from performing procedures that have a questionable benefit and improve coordinated care and quality.
Massachusetts Commission To Recommended New Reimbursement Model
More from MassachusettsMore posts in Massachusetts »
- CHIA Release Annual Report on Performance of MA Health Care System
- Results from the 2021 Massachusetts Health Insurance Survey
- Addition of Lown Institute Data on Civic, Care Leadership Measures to Spotlight Business Analytics Tool
- Release of Annual Report on the Performance of the Massachusetts Health Care System
- Health Insurance Coverage and Care in Massachusetts