Massachusetts Public Health Council are to implement aggressive public reporting of hospital errors, reports Boston Herald. Hospitals are now required to report to the state all significant errors, including surgeries on the wrong people and surgeries on the wrong side of a person and the state is required to publish reports. The new regulations also prohibit hospitals from charging patients for care that is required as a result of a hospital error.
MA hospitals must report errors under new rules
More from MassachusettsMore posts in Massachusetts »
- Addition of Lown Institute Data on Civic, Care Leadership Measures to Spotlight Business Analytics Tool
- Release of Annual Report on the Performance of the Massachusetts Health Care System
- Health Insurance Coverage and Care in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – June 2021)
- CHIA Releases Latest Quality of Care in Commonwealth Interactive Dashboard