Data.gov, which will make data generated by the federal government publicly available, was launched last week (5/21) by Federal CIO Vivek Kundra. The aim of Data.gov will be to improve government transparency by releasing these data sets so that citizens are able to analyze them and build mash-up applications. Not all government data will be released on Data.gov, though. According to a policy statement posted on the Web site, all information must comply with privacy regulations. National security information will be unavailable.
Data.gov Launched by Federal Government
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington