Data.gov, which will make data generated by the federal government publicly available, was launched last week (5/21) by Federal CIO Vivek Kundra. The aim of Data.gov will be to improve government transparency by releasing these data sets so that citizens are able to analyze them and build mash-up applications. Not all government data will be released on Data.gov, though. According to a policy statement posted on the Web site, all information must comply with privacy regulations. National security information will be unavailable.
Data.gov Launched by Federal Government
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings