Data.gov, which will make data generated by the federal government publicly available, was launched last week (5/21) by Federal CIO Vivek Kundra. The aim of Data.gov will be to improve government transparency by releasing these data sets so that citizens are able to analyze them and build mash-up applications. Not all government data will be released on Data.gov, though. According to a policy statement posted on the Web site, all information must comply with privacy regulations. National security information will be unavailable.
Data.gov Launched by Federal Government
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Newsweek’s World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023
- Patient Satisfaction With Quality of Care at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Study Finds Nursing Homes Underreport Patient Safety Events, Pressure Ulcers
- Study Finds No Decline in Outcomes for Stroke Patients in VA Health System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement