AHA News writes several Blue Cross Blue Shield Association members are surveying hospitals about the payments they receive from different payers. Hospital associations, including South Carolina Hospital Association and the Michigan Health & Hospital Association, indicated that several of their hospital members have received the surveys in the past weeks. According to AHA News, the Blue Cross Blue Shield effort to collect data directly from hospitals and from providers at the state level is part of their effort to derail creation of a public health plan as part of health reform legislation.
BCBS plans surveying hospitals about payments
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings
- Out of Network CO APCD Data Now Available