AHA News writes several Blue Cross Blue Shield Association members are surveying hospitals about the payments they receive from different payers. Hospital associations, including South Carolina Hospital Association and the Michigan Health & Hospital Association, indicated that several of their hospital members have received the surveys in the past weeks. According to AHA News, the Blue Cross Blue Shield effort to collect data directly from hospitals and from providers at the state level is part of their effort to derail creation of a public health plan as part of health reform legislation.
BCBS plans surveying hospitals about payments
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020