AHA News writes several Blue Cross Blue Shield Association members are surveying hospitals about the payments they receive from different payers. Hospital associations, including South Carolina Hospital Association and the Michigan Health & Hospital Association, indicated that several of their hospital members have received the surveys in the past weeks. According to AHA News, the Blue Cross Blue Shield effort to collect data directly from hospitals and from providers at the state level is part of their effort to derail creation of a public health plan as part of health reform legislation.
BCBS plans surveying hospitals about payments
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Newsweek’s World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023
- Patient Satisfaction With Quality of Care at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Study Finds Nursing Homes Underreport Patient Safety Events, Pressure Ulcers
- Study Finds No Decline in Outcomes for Stroke Patients in VA Health System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement