The UK government’s flaghship health site, NHS Choices is to start publishing hospitals’ standardised mortality ratios on its website. The site already publishes generalised mortality rates for heart surgery and operations such as hip and knee surgery. eHealth Insider reports that within the next few weeks, doctors and patients will be able to access much more specific information. The HSMR figures will show how many people died, in comparison with how many would be expected to die. According to the Department of Health, the information is intended to help patients choose hospitals for treatment and to help doctors see how well their peers are performing.
UK: NHS Choices to publish mortality rates
More from EuropeMore posts in Europe »
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement
- Annual Report on Severe Maternal Morbidity in Ireland in 2020
- Irish National Survey Shows Patients Experienced Good Hospital Care During Pandemic, But Long ED Wait Times Persist
- Public satisfaction with the NHS and social care in 2021: British Social Attitudes survey
- PHIN Release New Statistics on Serious Injuries Sustained by Private Patients