The latest data update to the New York State Hospitals Profile Web site (hospitals.nyhealth.gov), which included updates to quality and inspection data, was published today.
Hospital quality measures reported are for time-period July 1, 2007, to June 30, 2008 except for following 2 measures:
- Percent of all heart surgery patients whose blood sugar (blood glucose) is kept under good control in the days right after surgery – data reported for discharges January 2008 through June 2008.
- Percent of surgery patients needing hair removed from the surgical area before surgery, who had hair removed using a safer method (electric clippers or hair removal cream – not a razor) – data reported for discharges January 2008 through June 2008.
Also included in this data update were:
- Hospital surveillance data updated to report citations and complaints from January 1, 2005 through June 30, 2008, and enforcement actions from January 2002 to date.
- Number of procedures performed from October 1, 2007 to Sept 30, 2008.
- Hospital and extension clinic and available services information.
- Hospital details, medical school affiliations and system affiliations.
- Maternity information to calendar year 2007 for New York City area hospitals.