The National Quality Forum has endorsed 20 new measures to help improve both quality and the patient experience in home health care. The measures can be used to measure and improve the quality of care delivered in the patient’s home. The measures endorsed by NQF focus on eight main areas of home health care: timely initiation of care; patient and caregiver education; preventive services; pain intervention and assessment; improvement and assessment of clinical symptoms; improvement in functional status; assessment of need for emergency care or hospitalization; and patient experience of care.
New NQF Endorsed Standards Focus on Quality and Patient Experience in Home Health Care
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings