The National Quality Forum has endorsed 20 new measures to help improve both quality and the patient experience in home health care. The measures can be used to measure and improve the quality of care delivered in the patient’s home. The measures endorsed by NQF focus on eight main areas of home health care: timely initiation of care; patient and caregiver education; preventive services; pain intervention and assessment; improvement and assessment of clinical symptoms; improvement in functional status; assessment of need for emergency care or hospitalization; and patient experience of care.
New NQF Endorsed Standards Focus on Quality and Patient Experience in Home Health Care
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington