The National Quality Forum has endorsed 20 new measures to help improve both quality and the patient experience in home health care. The measures can be used to measure and improve the quality of care delivered in the patient’s home. The measures endorsed by NQF focus on eight main areas of home health care: timely initiation of care; patient and caregiver education; preventive services; pain intervention and assessment; improvement and assessment of clinical symptoms; improvement in functional status; assessment of need for emergency care or hospitalization; and patient experience of care.
New NQF Endorsed Standards Focus on Quality and Patient Experience in Home Health Care
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020