According to the 2008 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, released today, only 7% of hospitals fully meet Leapfrog medication error prevention (CPOE) standards and low percentages of hospitals are fully meeting mortality standards. Among surveyed hospitals, efficiency standards — defined as highest quality and lowest resource use — are met by only 24% of hospitals for heart bypass surgery, 21% for heart angioplasty, 14% for heart attack care, and 14% for pneumonia care.
Leapfrog Group Hospital Survey finds majority of Hospitals fail to meet important quality standards
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund Release 2023 Scorecard on State Health System Performance
- U.S. News Announces the 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospitals
- KFF Survey Finds Most Consumers Across Types of Insurance Had Problem with Coverage in Past Year
- Study Finds Transgender People More Likely to be Admitted When Seeking Emergency Care
- FAIR Health Launches Interactive Tool Tracking Cost of Giving Birth State by State