According to the 2008 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, released today, only 7% of hospitals fully meet Leapfrog medication error prevention (CPOE) standards and low percentages of hospitals are fully meeting mortality standards. Among surveyed hospitals, efficiency standards — defined as highest quality and lowest resource use — are met by only 24% of hospitals for heart bypass surgery, 21% for heart angioplasty, 14% for heart attack care, and 14% for pneumonia care.
Leapfrog Group Hospital Survey finds majority of Hospitals fail to meet important quality standards
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- OPA Release 2021-2022 Edition Health Care Quality Report Cards for Medical Group Commercial and Medical Group – Medicare
- NASHP Hospital Cost Tool Gives Insight on Spend on Patient Care Services
- Consumer Health Ratings to Close After 16 Years
- Study Finds CMS Hospital Ratings Highly Sensitive to Methodological Choices in Calculation
- CMS Proposed Rule to Suppress Public Reporting of Key Measures of Preventable Hospital-Caused Harm