According to the 2008 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, released today, only 7% of hospitals fully meet Leapfrog medication error prevention (CPOE) standards and low percentages of hospitals are fully meeting mortality standards. Among surveyed hospitals, efficiency standards — defined as highest quality and lowest resource use — are met by only 24% of hospitals for heart bypass surgery, 21% for heart angioplasty, 14% for heart attack care, and 14% for pneumonia care.
Leapfrog Group Hospital Survey finds majority of Hospitals fail to meet important quality standards
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- FAIR Health Analysis Finds Twenty-Nine Percent of Patients Receiving Medical Care Did Not Visit a Primary Care Provider
- Leapfrog Group Publishes Final Changes to 2023 Leapfrog Hospital Survey and ASC Survey
- AHRQ Chartbook on Patient Safety Shows Lag in Healthcare Industry’s Effort to Improve Care Quality
- AHRQ Stats: Disparities in Insurance Coverage Among Mothers at Time of Birth
- Healthgrades Announces Top Hospitals Delivering Best-in-Class Patient Experience and Patient Safety