According to the 2008 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, released today, only 7% of hospitals fully meet Leapfrog medication error prevention (CPOE) standards and low percentages of hospitals are fully meeting mortality standards. Among surveyed hospitals, efficiency standards — defined as highest quality and lowest resource use — are met by only 24% of hospitals for heart bypass surgery, 21% for heart angioplasty, 14% for heart attack care, and 14% for pneumonia care.
Leapfrog Group Hospital Survey finds majority of Hospitals fail to meet important quality standards
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Hospital Safety Rankings: Brand Names Do Not Always Mean Good Quality
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2021
- CMS to Find Ways to Protect Consumers from Ground Ambulance Services Surprise Medical Billing
- AHRQ Stats: Impact of the Onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Older Adult Hospitalizations
- How Unnecessary Follow-Up Care Can Lead to Financial Harm