The Wall Street Journal writes that in 2008, health Web sites drew about 72 million unique visitors, up 14% from a year earlier, according to comScore Inc., an online-marketing research firm that tracks some 200 such sites. Such strong growth comes as sites increasingly focus on some of today’s leading consumer health concerns, including prescription-drug safety, quality of care, and the ability to network with other patients facing similar health problems.
What's New (Or Improved) In Health Sites
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New Study Compares Prices and Price Transparency Among Top-Ranked Hospitals and Close Competitors
- New Study: No Surprises Act Prevented Over Two Million Potential Surprise Bills for Insured Americans
- Leapfrog Group Call to Action: Don’t Let CMS Suppress Data on 25,000 Deaths a Year in Hospitals
- HCCI 2020 Health Care Cost and Utilization Report
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement