The Wall Street Journal writes that in 2008, health Web sites drew about 72 million unique visitors, up 14% from a year earlier, according to comScore Inc., an online-marketing research firm that tracks some 200 such sites. Such strong growth comes as sites increasingly focus on some of today’s leading consumer health concerns, including prescription-drug safety, quality of care, and the ability to network with other patients facing similar health problems.
What's New (Or Improved) In Health Sites
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- AHRQ Stats: Costliest Hospital Stays
- Report: Only 5% of Hospitals Fully Compliant With Price Transparency Rule
- Report Finds Black Patients Experience Higher Rates of Adverse Safety Events Than White Patients at Same Hospital
- CMS New OPPS Proposed Rule Includes Monetary Penalty for Hospitals Not Complying With Price Transparency Rule
- VA Hospitals Patient Experience Star Ratings Published on Medicare Care Compare