AHA News: Critical access hospitals and other hospitals previously not able to submit quality of care data under the hospital outpatient quality data reporting program will be allowed to do so voluntarily beginning with patient encounters in first-quarter 2009, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced. These hospitals can register to participate in the program by completing and submitting a Notice of Participation before Jan. 31, 2009. Earlier this year, CMS granted AHA’s request to let CAHs participate in outpatient quality reporting because of their commitment to public transparency and quality improvement.
CMS allows all hospitals to participate in outpatient quality reporting
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Money/The Leapfrog Group Best Hospitals for Pediatrics
- Study Finds Non Profile and Government Hospitals Have Higher Commercially Negotiated Prices for Brain MRI Than For-Profit Hospitals
- Study Found Pregnancy-Related Deaths Spiked for Second Consecutive Year During COVID-19
- Rand/MedStar Health Research Highlights Ongoing Challenges Black People Face in Receiving Quality Health Care
- Study Finds Adverse Events in Nearly 1 in 4 Hospital Admissions