AHA News: Critical access hospitals and other hospitals previously not able to submit quality of care data under the hospital outpatient quality data reporting program will be allowed to do so voluntarily beginning with patient encounters in first-quarter 2009, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced. These hospitals can register to participate in the program by completing and submitting a Notice of Participation before Jan. 31, 2009. Earlier this year, CMS granted AHA’s request to let CAHs participate in outpatient quality reporting because of their commitment to public transparency and quality improvement.
CMS allows all hospitals to participate in outpatient quality reporting
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- National Employer Groups to Hospitals and ASCs: Participate in the 2021 Leapfrog Surveys
- CMS Sends Warning Letters to Hospitals Breaking Federal Rules Regarding Price Transparency
- Release of Health Care Provider Rates and Procedure Data
- Analysis of Data Finds Price of PCR Covid Test Varies by State
- Nursing Home Quality Data on Medicare Care Compare