AHA News: Critical access hospitals and other hospitals previously not able to submit quality of care data under the hospital outpatient quality data reporting program will be allowed to do so voluntarily beginning with patient encounters in first-quarter 2009, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced. These hospitals can register to participate in the program by completing and submitting a Notice of Participation before Jan. 31, 2009. Earlier this year, CMS granted AHA’s request to let CAHs participate in outpatient quality reporting because of their commitment to public transparency and quality improvement.
CMS allows all hospitals to participate in outpatient quality reporting
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- AHRQ HCUP 2020 Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) and NRD Cost-to-Charge Ratio (NRD CCR) Files Released
- NQF Updates Roadmap Designed to Amplify Patient Voice in Digital Healthcare Quality Measures
- CIVHC: Post-Pandemic Telehealth Visits Remain High With Majority of Visits for Mental Health
- New HCUP Statistical Brief: Hospital Stays Among Children
- Tenth PX Pulse Report: Consumer Perspectives on Patient Experience in the U.S.