AHA News: Critical access hospitals and other hospitals previously not able to submit quality of care data under the hospital outpatient quality data reporting program will be allowed to do so voluntarily beginning with patient encounters in first-quarter 2009, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced. These hospitals can register to participate in the program by completing and submitting a Notice of Participation before Jan. 31, 2009. Earlier this year, CMS granted AHA’s request to let CAHs participate in outpatient quality reporting because of their commitment to public transparency and quality improvement.
CMS allows all hospitals to participate in outpatient quality reporting
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Study Finds Employer-Provider Direct Payment Program Associated With Lower Episode Costs
- Study Finds National Heart Failure Hospitalizations Increased From 2014 Onwards
- Consumer Survey Reveals Worries About Rising Health Care Costs
- Guidehouse Analysis Finds 30% of Hospitals Failing to Comply With Hospital Price Transparency Rule
- First Hospital Recognised For Comprehensive Excellence by American College of Surgeons Geriatric Surgery Verification Program