The latest data update to the New York State Hospitals Profile Web site (hospitals.nyhealth.gov), which included updates to quality and inspection data, was published today.
Hospital quality measures reported are for time-period October 1, 2006, to September 30, 2007, except for the following measures:
- Percent of Pneumonia Patients Given Initial Antibiotic(s) within 6 Hours After Arrival (reporting time-period: April 2007 through September 2007).
- Percent of Surgery Patients Whose Doctors Ordered Treatments to Prevent Blood Clots (Venous Thromboembolism) For Certain Types of Surgeries (reporting time-period: January 2007 through September 2007)
- Percent of Surgery Patients Who Received Treatment To Prevent Blood Clots Within 24 Hours Before or After Selected Surgeries to Prevent Blood Clots (reporting time-period: January 2007 through September 2007)
Also included in this data update were:
- Hospital surveillance data updated to report citations and complaints from January 1, 2005 through September 30, 2007, and enforcement actions from January 2002 to September 30, 2007.
- Number of procedures performed from January 1 to December 31, 2007.
- Hospital and extension clinic and available services information.
- Hospital details, medical school affiliations and system affiliations.
- Financial aid information to reflect the revised Federal Poverty Levels for 2008.
Full list of all data updated is available at http://hospitals.nyhealth.gov/news.php