Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado on Monday launched an online tool (Anthem Care Comparison) that faciliates comparison shopping by its members. It provides estimates of costs of 39 medical procedures at hospitals, surgery centers or radiology centers. Information also is included on routine office visits. The data is specific to individual facilities, allowing members to compare the difference in costs between hospitals, for instance. The cost information will be updated quarterly.
BCBS Colorado offers online tool for cost comparison to members
More from ColoradoMore posts in Colorado »
- Analysis of Data from CO APCD Highlights Mental Health Care For Children in Colorado
- CIVHC Affordability Dashboard: Low Value Care
- Colorado Legislation on Health Care Billing, Price Transparency Move Forward
- CIVHC Data Dive: Pediatric Care in Colorado
- State of Reform: Colorado Bills Propose Reforms to Health Care Billing and Payment