Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado on Monday launched an online tool (Anthem Care Comparison) that faciliates comparison shopping by its members. It provides estimates of costs of 39 medical procedures at hospitals, surgery centers or radiology centers. Information also is included on routine office visits. The data is specific to individual facilities, allowing members to compare the difference in costs between hospitals, for instance. The cost information will be updated quarterly.
BCBS Colorado offers online tool for cost comparison to members
More from ColoradoMore posts in Colorado »
- CIVHC Release: Medicare Reference-Based Price Analysis
- Telehealth Services Utilization in Colorado
- Report Finds Colorado Hospitals Charge More, Have Higher Costs and Report Higher Profit Margins Than Any Other State
- CO APCD Data In Action, New Data Available
- APCD Data Highlights Use of Telehealth Services in Colorado